Monday, September 8, 2008

Getting Healthy

My whole life I've been overweight so it's nothing new to me. Grant proposed to me in March of 2007 while we were on vacation to Mexico. A couple of weeks after we got back from vacation I was looking at some pictures from the night he proposed to me and I couldn't believe how big I was. I immediately jumped on the scale and couldn't believe what I saw. I had never in my life weighed that much. That day I decided to do something about it so I was going to try to cut soda out of my diet completely.

It was so hard at first, especially when we'd go out to eat because that's when I always wanted a soda. And it didn't help that Grant was still drinking them. mmMMMMmm Cherry Pepsi, how I loved it. But it's gotten much easier, in fact it doesn't even taste good to me anymore.

I've always heard that soda is one of the worst things you can consume so that made it a little easier to give it up. I won't lie though, I do have an occasional sip of soda, but never much more than that. I've been soda free for 1½ years now and I'm so proud of myself. I feel like I have control of myself again and that I have so much will power that I can do much more than just cut out soda. It almost makes me feel like I can do anything I want to do *sounds cheesy I know :) *

I have many other things I want to change about my diet now that I've cut out the soda. Grant and I have greatly decreased the amount of fast food we eat but I still don't cook as much as I'd like to (mainly because I don't have time) so that's another goal of mine. I've also recently decided to cut down on the amount of coffee I drink. We'll see how that goes.

So far I'm down about 25 pounds (I was down 35 pounds but after the wedding I gained some back). I would love to loose another 40, that's my ultimate goal. Wish me luck, because I need it.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

You can do it Ruby! :) XOXOX