Monday, June 1, 2009

70. Buy blinds for the entire house

A couple of weeks ago I bought the blinds for the nursery and this weekend I put them up. I would love to say that I never want to do that again but I know that I still have 6 more to do.

It wasn't as easy as the directions say. First of all the lady at Home Depot told me that although the box says the blinds are 39" they're actually 38½". That's great because my windows are 38¾" and 39" so they'll work. Except that once you install the brackets to hang the blinds that leaves the opening smaller. How did I fix it? Well I was home alone at the time (Grant finally got to go fishing) so I had to come up with something because dammit I wanted those blinds install NOW. So I found Grant's Dremel and went to work on shaving off the sides. Luckily the blinds themselves fit in the opening, it was just the top part that wouldn't fit.


So after like ½ an hour of taking the Dremel to the blinds I got the first one to fit. The second one was easier because it was the bigger window so there was less to take off. After that I was able to hang the blinds then cut them to length. Overall I think it took me about an hour to an hour and a half. Not too bad for an 8 month pregnant chick who's never hung blinds or used a Dremel before.





So that's 2/8 of the blinds that I can knock off my list. Yay!

3 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

you go girl!!!

Anonymous said...

So, you want to buy blinds for your entire house. Hmn, you might want to get cheaper, check out the link.

Blinds said...

Very informative post thanks for share this with us i highly appreciate you for this information thanks once again for sharing information like this Very informative post Thanks for sharing with you, I appreciate this information thank you again for sharing information like this!