Tuesday, June 16, 2009

5. Buy a new car

CHECK!!

Didn't think this one was going to happen so quickly. And note that when I say "new" I mean new to me, not brand new.

Anyway, Grant and I were offered a fabulous deal on a car that I've been in love with for years. We have some friends who were in the market for a new car and looking to sell their old one and because they love us so much they made us an offer that we can't refuse. They called us up on Sunday evening and asked us if we were interested. We talked about it and pretty much decided that we can't pass up their offer. So yesterday after work we went to their house and took it for a drive, then we talked numbers then we drove it home.

Check out this beauty!


This isn't MY car but mine looks exactly the same. It's a 2000 Lexus RX300 with only 77,000 miles on it and in perfect condition. Black exterior, tan leather interior and the works. I'm talking every upgrade that was available for this model; sunroof, heated seats, memory driver seat, 6 disc CD changer, all wheel drive. It's awesome!

Like I said I've been dreaming about owning a Lexus RX SUV one day but I honestly didn't think it would happen. I've been so stressed about what we're going to do when Carter comes (which is in less than 2 weeks) because this is what I've been driving for the last 7½ years


Again, this isn't the exact car but mine is identical except it's dark grey. It's soooo not baby friendly. I was dreading having to deal with a two door car with a small back seat.

I feel so much better now that I have one less thing to worry about. So I'll be selling my 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (with a sunroof, lol) if you or anyone you know is interested. It's a good car, just not a good family car.

5 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

congrats on the new car! I was driving my dream car when I had Austin in 1996 - it was a 1993 Toyota Celica loaded too. I had wanted one for YEARS and DH surprised me with it 6 months before I got preggo! Finally had to give it up when he was 6 mos old. He got to heavy to get into a car seat climbing in the back everytime. I totally understand...LOL - Enjoy

Kaci said...

AWESOME Nina!!! :) I would take your car...but you gotta drive it here to me. LOL!

jmt said...

I'm popping over from Cindy Lou Who's blog. I had to, with a blog name like Korndog. :) Congrats on the new car - I just upgraded myself. I had a family car, but my hubby's car was biting a HUGE bullet so he gets my older family car and I upgrade to the family suv. Woo hoo for new(to us) cars. Congrats on the baby...the car...the wedding last year...happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

quite interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

Together We Save said...

Congrats on the new car!! My daughter would love to have the old one but she is just gonna have to keep her 1999 saturn. LOL Its old but it was cheap!!